Learn to Hunt
Report Your Harvest
Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Des Moines – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 9:30 a.m., May 11, in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, 502 East Ninth Street, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Marcus Branstad, Phyllis Reimer, Tom Prickett and Laura Hommel. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
Any person attending the public meeting and has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.
The following is the agenda for the May 11 meeting.
· NRC Commissioners
· Oath of Office for New Commissioners Laura Hommel and Tom Pricket
· Introduction of NRC Commissioners
· Approve Agenda
· Consent Agenda*
· Contract with Byers Landscaping LLC-IHAP
· Contract with Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
· Contract Amendment 4 with Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC
· Contract Amendment 5 with Focus Group, Inc.
· Public Land Management Project: Easement Conveyance – Waterloo Creek WMA-Allamakee County
· Election of Natural Resource Commission Officers
· Approve Minutes of April 13 Meeting
· Director’s Remarks
· Division Administrator’s Remarks
· Brass Bluegill Award - 2017
· Honey Creek Resort State Park Update
· Chapter 27 – Land and Water Conservation Fund, City and County Grant Recommendations
· *Contract with Byers Landscaping LLC-IHAP
· *Contract with Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
· Chapter 106, Deer Hunting by Residents – Final Rule
· *Contract Amendment 4 with Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC
· *Contract Amendment 5 with Focus Group, Inc.
· Contract with Barker Lemar Engineering Consultants
· Public Land Acquisition Projects
· Iowa River Corridor Wildlife Management Area (WMA), Iowa County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
· Iowa River Corridor WMA, Iowa County - INHF
· North Raccoon River WMA, Greene County – Teeples
· Oxford Junction WMA, Jones County – Matt McQuillen
· *Public Land Management Projects – Easement Conveyance Waterloo Creek WMA – Allamakee County
· Contract with Iowa State University - Carp and Bigmouth Buffalo Biomass Study
· Contract with Jones County Conservation Board – Central Park Lake Phase 2
· Construction Projects
· Central Park Lake, Mechanical Dredging and Shoreline Armoring – Jones County
· Honey Creek Resort State Park, Stormwater Project – Appanoose County
· Missouri River Wildlife Unit, Upper Decatur Boat Ramp – Monona County
· Pine Lake State Park, Fireplace Repair – Hardin County
· Palisades-Kepler State Park, Campground Upgrade – Linn County
· Construction – Small Projects
· General Discussion
· Next Meeting, June 8, Tama County Conservation Board Nature Center, Toledo
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc