Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Des Moines – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 9:30 a.m., April 13, in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, 502 East Ninth Street, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement, Dr. Sally Prickett, Marcus Branstad and Phyllis Reimer. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
Any person attending the public meeting and has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.
The following is the agenda for the April 13 meeting.
· Approve Agenda
· Consent Agenda*
· Contract with Matthew McQuillen – Iowa Habitat and Access Program (IHAP)
· Contract with Custom Seeding and Habitat – IHAP
· Contract with LeSueur River Seeding and Conservation, LLC. Guyer – IHAP
· Chapter 18 Lease – Scott County – Alter Trading Corporation
· Management Agreement – Falls Access Area – Black Hawk County Conservation Board (CCB)
· Management Agreement – McFarlane Park – Black Hawk (CCB)
· Transfer of Jurisdiction – Big Mill Creek Wildlife Management Area – Department of Public Safety – Jackson County
· Approve Minutes of March 9 Meeting
· Approve Minutes of March 10 Meeting
· Director’s Remarks
· Division Administrator’s Remarks
· Chapter 91, Waterfowl and Coot Hunting Seasons; Chapter 97, Common Snipe, Virginia Rail and Sora, Woodcock, Ruffed Grouse and Dove Hunting Seasons; Chapter 102, Falconry Regulations for Hunting Game – Final Rule
· Administrative Law Judge Proposed Decision Review (DIA No. 17DNR020) – In the matter of Michael O’Hearn
· *Contract with Matthew McQuillen – Iowa Habitat and Access Program (IHAP)
· *Contract with Custom Seeding and Habitat – IHAP
· *Contract with LeSueur River Seeding and Conservation, LLC. Guyer – IHAP
· Naming the Loess Hills Visitor Center to the Brent S. Olson Memorial Visitor Center
· Contract with Des Moines Water Works Park
· Chapter 30 – Waters Cost-share and Grants Program, Water Trail Enhancement Grant Recommendations
· Public Land Acquisition Projects
· Big Marsh Wildlife Management Area (WMA), Butler County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
· Big Marsh WMA, Butler County – INHF
· Heritage Hills Wildlife Management Area, Madison County – INHF
· Public Land Management Projects
· *Chapter 18 Lease – Scott County – Alter Trading Corporation
· Management Agreement – Willow Creek WMA – Greene County Board of Supervisors
· *Management Agreement – Falls Access Area – Black Hawk County Conservation Board (CCB)
· *Management Agreement – McFarlane Park – Black Hawk CCB
· *Transfer of Jurisdiction – Big Mill Creek WMA – Department of Public Safety – Jackson County
· Small Construction Projects
· Construction Projects
· Apple Jack Marsh, Wetland Improvements – Dickinson County
· Lake Ahquabi State Park, Boat Storage Building – Warren County
· Honey Creek Resort State park, Wave Attenuator Extension – Appanoose County
· McIntosh Woods State Park, Boat Ramp Replacement – Cerro Gordo County
· Bellevue State Park, Vault Restroom Building Replacement – Jackson County
· City of Boone Water Works, Loop Drive and Parking Project Phase 1 – Boone County
· General Discussion
· NRC Review of Administrative Law Judge Cases
· Next Meeting, May 11, in Des Moines
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc