Learn to Hunt
Report Your Harvest
Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Des Moines – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 9:30 a.m., March 9, in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, 502 East Ninth Street, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement, Dr. Sally Prickett, Marcus Branstad and Phyllis Reimer. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
Any person attending the public meeting and has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.
The following is the agenda for the March 9 meeting.
· Approve Agenda
· Consent Agenda*
· Amendment-1 Clayton County Recycling
· Chapter 18 Lease – Dickinson County, Bruce Lorch
· Management Agreement – Margo Frankel State Park, Polk County, Trustees of Saylor Township
· Chapter 35 – Fish Habitat Promotion for County Conservation Board Grant Recommendations (Palo Alto, Osceola)
· Contract with Akkermann Custom Clearing
· Approve Minutes of Feb. 9 Meeting
· Director’s Remarks
· Division Administrator’s Remarks
· Administrative Law Judge Proposed Decision Review (DIA No. 16DNR004) – Okoboji Boat Works, Dock Permit #30-0618-4
· Administrative Law Judge Proposed Decision Review (DIA No. 17DNR003) – In the matter of John Schildberg
· * Amendment-1 Clayton County Recycling
· Chapter 11, Waivers or Variances from Administrative Rules, Request for Variance/Waiver (Davenport Stake LDS Church – Shimek Forest Campgrounds)
· Amendment with Iowa State University (Baseline Studies for Habitat Conservation Plan)
· Chapter 30 – Waters Cost-share and Grants Program, Low-head Dam Public Hazard Grant Recommendations
· Public Land Acquisition Projects
· Big Marsh Wildlife Management Area (WMA), Butler County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
· Clear Lake WMA, Hancock County – Steve J. Nelson
· Public Land Management Projects
· *Chapter 18 Lease – Dickinson County, Bruce Lorch
· *Management Agreement – Margo Frankel State Park, Polk County – Trustees of Saylor Township
· Contract with Scott County Conservation Board
· Small Construction Projects
· Construction Projects
· Storm Lake State Park, Phase 1 Island Stabilization – Buena Vista County
· Honey Creek Resort State Park Entrance Portal – Appanoose County
· Lake Manawa State Park Picnic Area – Pottawattamie County
· Barkley State Forest Road Repair – Boone County
· Big Creek State Park Restroom Building Replacement – Polk County
· *Chapter 35 – Fish Habitat Promotion for County Conservation Board Grant Recommendations (Palo Alto, Osceola)
· Professional Services Contract with HR Green (Spirit Lake Fish Hatchery)
· Chapter 24 – Blufflands Protection Program and Revolving Loan Fund
· *Contract with Akkermann Custom Clearing
· General Discussion
· Next Meeting, April 13, in Des Moines
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc