Learn to Hunt
Report Your Harvest
Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
The Natural Resource Commission for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources approved three Resource Enhancement and Protection Public Private Cost-share grant requests from the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation at its October meeting. The projects were awarded more than $440,000.
Public private grants are used for land acquisition with 75 percent of the acquisition costs come from REAP and the remaining 25 percent coming from private contributions.
REAP Private Public GrantsWINNESHIEK COUNTY, Bohr Wildlife Management Area addition, $95,250 - This project is the acquisition of 29.62 acres of property, the Bohr Addition, in Winneshiek County. This parcel includes bottomland woodland, wooded bluffs and former cropland along the Iowa River downstream of Kendalville. The property will protect nearly a quarter mile of riverfront between the Bohr and Bronner Wildlife Management Areas. The addition will expand the adjacent complex of public and private protected lands to 990 acres, including 2.5 miles of the Upper Iowa River. GUTHRIE COUNTY, Springbrook Wildlife Management Area, Doyle addition, $112,725 - This project is the acquisition of 48 acres of property, the Doyle Addition, in Guthrie County adjacent to the 779 acre Springbrook State Park and 586 acre Springbrook Wildlife Management Area. Protection will expand the complex to over 1,413 total acres, providing additional permanent wildlife habitat in the area and a significant block of contiguous woodland.APPANOOSE COUNTY, Sedan Bottoms Wildlife Management Area, Ara May addition, $232,500 - This project is the acquisition of 136 acres of property, the Ara May Addition, in Appanoose County. This area fits like a puzzle piece into the northwestern section of the Sedan Bottoms Wildlife Management Area, a vast compilation of protected prairies, savannas, forests, and floodplains, which borders the Chariton River. The purpose of this project is to secure funding for acquisition, so the land can be transferred from INHF to the DNR.